Scar is mark left on the skin by a healed wound, sore or burn. Scars are basically of two types: deep pitted scars, such as ice-pick scars and raised thickened tissue such as keloid. These scars may be acne scars, surgical scars, accidental scars or also chickenpox scars.
Manya Aesthetic Clinic has introduced Pain Free LASER Hair Reduction which is truly the most easy, effective and comfortable procedure with lasting results.
Types of Scars
- Acne Scars-The marks left behind on the skin post-acne are called acne scars. These scars are deep-pitted which have angular or wavelike appearance.
- Keloid Scars-These scars appear due to over aggressive healing process. These are raised scars beyond the original injury.
- Contracture Scars-These scars are developed post- burn. These scars tighten the skin which can impair mobility. They may also penetrate muscle and other deep tissue.
- Hypertrophic Scars- These are raised scars similar to keloids, but does go beyond the original boundary of injury.
What are the treatment options?
We at Manya Aesthetic, have wide range of treatments that can improve the appearance of scars. We have several options of US FDA approved fractional LASERs like Fotona Erbium Yag which is very safe. We also treat the scars using derma rollers, dermabrasion, steroids or filler-injections.
How does it works?
LASER penetrates the dermis layer of the skin and helps in collagen remodelling. Collagen is the building block of skin and, thus, tries to give the skin a more acceptable physical appearance.
Dermabrasion and derma-rollers stimulate tissue re-growth, and help in remodelling scars.
Steroid injections can be given for keloid or hypertrophic scars that the helps to soften the appearance of keloids or scars.
Deep pitted scars can be raised by filler-injections.
How much time and duration is required for the treatment?
- The single session of LASER treatment takes 20- 30 minutes for the entire session depending of the area to be treated. For derma-roller treatment, a topical anaesthetic cream needs to be applied beforehand to numb the skin. This is kept for 30 minutes and post which the derma roller treatment is performed, which take around 20-30 minutes on average.
- Total duration of Treatment: Combination of LASER, dermabrasion and derma-roller treatment are required for best results. The number of sessions depends on severity of scars. Generally 6-8 sessions are required for optimum result which may be 3-4 months course. A maintenance sessions may also be required which can be done once in 3 months.
- Time Interval between the two sessions: The gap between two sessions of LASER will be a minimum of 15 days and derma-roller treatment a month.